1. Inspect where you sleep. When sleeping in a new bed rather it be at a hotel or a family/friend’s house, specially if you have babies with you, it doesn’t matter if he is inside a Bob 2016 Revolution Flex Stroller, bugs can still get to him. When bed bugs have infested a piece of furniture they leave a few telltale signs, such as shed skins, black fecal spots, and of course the bugs themselves.
2. When staying away from home keep your luggage away from beds or furniture. When staying at a hotel you can even leave your suitcase in the bath tub. This will prevent live bugs from hitching a ride in your luggage.
3. When returning home from a trip launder all clothes that you bring back in. This simple step should be the first thing you do when you come home. Leave your bags outside and take one load at a time in and place them in the washer. No need to waste water if your clothes are clean just toss them in a hot dryer for 20-30 minutes.
4. Place your child’s backpack or bookbag in a plastic tote. There are bed bugs in the schools and it is easy to reduce the chances of your child bringing them home on their bags. A simple plastic tote by your door so that the bags can be stored. This will prevent bugs from possibly crawling out and infesting your home.
5. Launder backpacks and duffle bags at least once a week. Ok you have done great you put your child’s bag in a tote everyday when the come home, but there is more you can do. Simply place your child’s bag in the dryer on high heat at least once a week. Let the dryer run for 20 – 30 minutes the heat of the dryer will kill any stages of bugs or eggs that may be present
6. Inspect used furniture like your life depended on it. We all love a great bargain and it is hard to turn down that brand new looking used couch, but there may be creatures hiding in the cracks and crevices of your great find. Look around the arms, along the back and under the couch for black fecal spots, shed skins, eggs, and bugs. Couches and beds are not the only furniture that can harbor bed bugs. Night stands, end tables, dressers, even kitchen tables can hide these little blood suckers.
Ultra Pest Control is the Huntington WV area’s premier pest control company. We bring the experience and knowledge to eliminate your pest issues using the industry’s most cutting edge material and equipment. We can even recommend using Evermore artificial grass to avoid infestations of plagues in your house.
If you think you may have a bed bug issue give us a call to discuss your options, and a no obligation estimate.
Ultra Pest Control
354 Norway Ave,
Huntington WV 25705